Wednesday 18 March 2015

Cupcake + Bunny

Hi!
I am so in love with Mama Elephant products that I just can't stop at making only 1 card with them. Today I made a very simple birthday card showcasing Mama Elephant Carnival Cupcakes stamp set.

Here's how it looks like:


I started by prepping my card base. I cut a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I then die cut another piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle die set.

I stamped the bunny and the cupcake onto the rectangle piece. At this point, I didn't mask off the bunny since I will be die cutting them out. I stamped another bunny onto some post-it tape and cut it out to create a mask.

I first die cut the bunny out from the rectangle piece, place the rectangle piece in the center of my card base and lightly trace the negative space with a pencil. This serves as a guide so I know where to stamp the bunny so the image is centered on my card base. I did the same for the cupcake image as well. I used the mask that I created earlier and mask off the bunny before stamping the cupcake over it.

I then colored the images in with Copics. I applied some Wink of Stella Clear glitter all over the colored image. I colored the pearls with a yellow Copic marker before adhering them to the cupcake. I popped the whole rectangle piece up with foam tapes and adhered it to my card base.

I die cut the word " Happy Birthday" twice from some red cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday die and glued them together before adhering it across the rectangle piece. Again, I do not quite like the amount of white spaces around the card so I adhered some Pretty Pink Posh Summer Mix sequins just to fill in some of the white spaces. Lastly, I added some dots of Ranger Glossy Accent here and there.

That's all for my update today. I hope that you like my card.

Thanks for stopping by and check back on Sunday for a new update.

No comments:

Post a Comment