Wednesday 2 July 2014

Seeing Stars & Hey! Dude

Hi!
Today's update is a little bit different because I will be uploading two projects since I missed last Sunday's update.

The first project is called Seeing Stars. I made this card using the Stars Parade Die from Simon Says Stamp and the die cut inlay technique. It is a very simple card but it takes a little more time to assemble. You will see why when you look at the pictures.

The second project is called Hey! Dude. I made this card using the All Boy Stamp set from Simon Says Stamp May 2014 Card Kit. I really love the sneakers image from this stamp set.

Here's how the projects look like:


The picture is a bit blurry. Must have shook the camera while taking these pictures. I die cut 2 different colour cardstock and also some pattern papers using the same Stars Parade die. I used the star outline cut from cardstock and then reassemble the pieces by mixing different pattern papers. 


I then finish off the card by stamping the Happy Birthday greeting and star images from the Birthday Balloons Stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.


I messed up the stamping for the card above. Can you spot it?


As I have mentioned earlier, I really like the sneakers image from this All Boy Stamp set and depending on how you colour the sneakers, you can also make it into a feminine card.


I stamped the Hey! Dude greeting in Versamark and embossed it with silver embossing powder. Actually I messed up this greeting as well. Hahaha but it is OK because this proves that it is handmade when you have some human error in it. I then added some of the die cut stars leftover from the Seeing Stars project as embellishment.

Below are the list of supplies that I used for these 2 projects.

Seeing Stars
Simon Says Stamp Stars Parade Die
Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloons Stamp Set
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink

Hey! Dude
Stazon Jet Black Ink
Versamark Ink
American Crafts Zing Silver Embossing Powder
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Rangers Glossy Accent

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by for another update this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment