Wednesday 22 October 2014

Spooky Halloween

Hi!
Halloween is just around the corner. Though it is not widely celebrated here but I could not resist passing off the cute stamp sets released by so many companies. I have to get my hands on a couple so I do make some Halloween themed cards or projects each year even though I do not really celebrate it.

This year I made a few cards and some treat boxes which I will be sharing with you this week. Today's project is a Halloween themed card that I made using the Lawn Fawn's Critters in Costume Stamps Set and the matching die set.

The critters in this set are so cute and having the matching die set makes cutting them out super easy. So here's a look at the card:


I first stamped the candy corn image in Versamark onto a craft cardstock to create a tone-on-tone border for the background. Initially I have planned to stamp the critters onto a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock to be layered on top of the craft cardstock. In the end I changed my mind because it does not go well at all.

So I changed my plan and die cut the critters using the matching die set after I finished coloring them with Copics. The treat bag does not have a matching die so I cut it out by hand. It was not difficult to cut. I leave a small border all around to match the other die cut images. I also cut 2 slits on the treat bag 1) to slip the cat's tail through the handle to make it seem like the cat is carrying the bag with its tail and 2) to insert some candies into the bag.

The idea here is to create a scene where the cat receives a bag full of goodies and the bag is so full that candies are falling out from the bag, leaving a trail of candies. Then came the squirrel picking up the goodies from the floor.

The paw print washi tape fitted perfectly for this scene. I then stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set on top. Finally, I used loads of Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen to cover all the die cut images for some added bling.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again this Sunday for another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment