Tuesday 3 February 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #8

Hi!
Welcome to Day 8 of my Chinese New Year Card Series. Today's card is almost the same as Card #4 as I have made an additional piece when I was doing the stencil stamping so in order not to waste it, I used it for Card #8.

Here's how it looks like:






I first prepped my card base by cutting a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of lavender cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I drew some faux stitched lines around the edge of the card using Signo Uniball White Gel Pen.

For the ivory piece, I die cut it using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle die set. The stencil I made using an image that I printed out from the web. I stamped the stars from Simon Says Stamp Lots of Stars stamp set in Hero Arts Bubblegum, Butter Bar, Orange Soda, Green Hills and Cornflower inks.

I stamped the word "Happy" from Simon Says Stamp Happy stamp set and the words "Chinese New Year" from Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamp set in some Versamark ink. I heat embossed the sentiments using American Crafts Gold Embossing powder. I stamped the flower images from Stampin' Up Petite Flowers and Flower Shop stamp sets in Hero Arts Butter Bar and Bubblegum inks. I then punched them out using their coordinating punch.

I popped the ivory piece up with some foam tape and adhered it to the card front. I then adhered the flowers with some foam squares and finished the card off by adding some pearls to the center of the smaller flowers.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #9.

No comments:

Post a Comment