Thursday 5 February 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #10

Hi!
Welcome to Day 10, which is also the last day of my Chinese New Year Card Series for this year. Today's card is not your typical Chinese New Year card as I did not use any reds or golds for it. Many might find it dull and not as lively as a Chinese New Year card would be but I still like it none the less. Please feel free to let me know if you like it or hate it. Your comments help me to grow as a card maker.

Here's how it looks like:



I first prepped my card base by cutting a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of lavender cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I drew some faux stitched lines around the edge of the card using Signo Uniball White Gel Pen.

I die cut a piece of ivory cardstock and a piece of clear acetate using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle die set. I stamped the splatter images from Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamp set onto the ivory piece in some Versafine Imperial Purple and Simon Says Stamp Lavender inks. I then die cut the ivory piece and a piece of lavender cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Butterfly Tendrils die.

As the ivory piece is slightly shorter than the die, I lined the die to the edge of the ivory piece and ran it through the Big Shot. I used only the right portion of the ivory piece and adhered it to the acetate piece with some glue tape. I then inlay the lavender die cut piece into the negative space of the ivory piece using some liquid glue. I hope it makes sense to you what I'm trying to explain above but if it does not, you can watch this tutorial over at Simon Says Stamp Youtube Channel. I CASED this card from Shari Carroll. Though the steps are a little different but it gives sort of the same result.

I cut a strip of pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine paper pack and lined it up behind the acetate piece so that design will be shown through before adhering it down. I popped the whole piece up on foam tape and adhered it to the card front. I die cut the "Happy" sentiment 4 times from some ivory cardstock and once from the same pattern paper using Simon Says Stamp Happy die. I adhered all 5 layers together with some liquid glue to give the die cut sentiment a chipboard look.

I stamped the "Chinese New Year" sentiment on a strip of dark grey cardstock using Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamp set in some Versamark ink and heat embossed it with American Crafts Silver Embossing powder. I flagged one end of the strip using a 1 1/4" square punch and adhered it to the bottom right corner with some glue tape. I then adhered the die cut sentiment above the strip. I finished off the card by adding some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the butterflies.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment