Wednesday 4 February 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #9

Hi!
Welcome to Day 9 of my Chinese New Year Card Series. Today I made another shaker card and the theme is all about butterflies.

Here's how it looks like:



I first prepped the card base by cutting a 5 3/4" x 9" piece of red cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I then die cut the rectangle from some ivory card stock using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle die set.

I stamped the splatter images from Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in Stampin' Up Real Red, Melon Mambo and Strawberry Slush inks onto the ivory piece . I then die cut the piece using Simon Says Stamp Butterfly Drift die. I also die cut some gold cardstock using the same die. I cut a piece of clear acetate and adhered it to the back of the ivory piece. I then adhered the outline portion of the gold die cut onto the ivory piece.

I die cut another piece of ivory cardstock using the same rectangle die for the background of my shaker part. I also stamped the splatter images using the same inks and stamp set. I used some Pretty Pink Posh Classic Christmas Mix for the shaker elements. I glued some of the sequins onto the background piece using Rangers Glossy Accent so that the sequins are still visible when the card is propped up.

I then assembled the shaker portion and adhered it to the card front using some glue tape. I stamped the sentiments using Simon Says Stamp Happy stamp set and Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs in Versamark and heat embossed it with American Crafts Gold Embossing powder onto some red cardstock. I adhered it to the lower right corner of the card. I then used the butterflies die cut from the Butterfly Drift die and decorated the front of the card. I also added some pearls to the body of butterflies.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again tomorrow for last card of this series, Card #10.

No comments:

Post a Comment