Monday 2 February 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #7

Hi!
Sorry for missing updates for several days. I was busy with some personal stuff so I need to get those off my shoulders before I can get back to updating my blog. Today's card is a very simple shaker card and I hope you like it.

Here's how it looks like:






I first prepped the card base by cutting a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of red cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I rounded all the corners with We Are Memory Keepers 1/2" Corner Chomper and drew some faux stitched lines around the edge of the card using Signo Uniball White Gel Pen.

I die cut 2 pieces of brown cardstock, 1 piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock and 1 piece of clear acetate using Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 1 die set. This will be the shaker part of my card. I also die cut the branch from some brown cardstock using Spellbinders Cherry Blossom die set and adhered it to the Solar White piece. 

I then adhered some Pretty Pink Posh Pink Peonies and Marshmallow sequins to the branch to make them look like cherry blossoms. I assembled the shaker part and put in some Pink Peonies and Marshmallow into the cavity before sealing it. I then adhered it to the center of the card front using some glue tape.

I stamped the little boy and girl from Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp set in some Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in with Copics before hand-cutting them out. I die cut the banner from some ivory cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Small Banners die set. I wrote the sentiment using a gold gel pen and drew some faux stitched line around the banner using a black gel pen.

I adhered the images and banner on top of the shaker with some glue tape and tied a double bow using some jute strings before adhering it to the top of the shaker. I finished the card off by adding some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the little boy and girl's hair.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #8.

No comments:

Post a Comment