Wednesday 28 January 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #6

Hi!
Welcome to Day 6 of my Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series. Today's card is my second favorite of this series because it features the little goat from Card #3. It also has the little boy and girl from Card #5.

Here's how it looks like:



I first prepped the card base by cutting a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of red cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I rounded all the corners using We Are Memory Keepers 1/2" Corner Chomper. I then die cut the ring frame thrice from some brown cardstock, thrice from some pattern papers and once from some Neenah Solar White cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Ring Frame die.

I stamped the little boy and girl from Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp set and the goat from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Farm Animals in some Memento Tuxedo Black ink. As I did before in Card #3 and #5, I altered the images a little to make them fit to the Chinese New Year theme. I then colored them in Copics and cut them out.

I adhered 3 layers of the brown frame together with some liquid glue before adhering it onto the card front. I adhered the pattern papers into the negative spaces of the frame with some glue tape. I stamped the word "Happy" from Simon Says Stamp Happy stamp set onto the Neenah Solar White piece in some Versafine Smoky Gray ink. I then wrote the words "Chinese New Year" using Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush marker. I added some faux stitched line around the circle using a black gel pen before adhering it onto the card.

I popped the little children and goat on some foam squares. I drew some faux stitched lines around the card front with a white gel pen and finishes off the card by applying some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the images.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment