Friday 16 January 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #3

Hi!
Welcome to Day 3 of my Chinese New Year Card Series. Today's card is my favorite of all 3 designs at this moment. Originally, the image is meant for birthdays but I made some changes to it to make it look more like Chinese New Year themed.

Here's how it looks like:







I first cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base. I then cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of pattern paper and adhered it to the card front with some glue tape.

I stamped the goat image from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Farm Animals stamps set 3 times in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in with Copics. The original image had a cupcake on top of his head. I cut the top off and drew my own images and colored them in. I then applied some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter onto the goats for some added bling and set them aside.

I cut a strip of beige cardstock, stamped the sentiments using Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamps set with some Versafine Satin Red ink on it and adhered it onto the card front. I then die cut some Neenah Desert Storm cardstock using Waffle Flower Flower Circles die set and adhered the outer flower and circle portion on top of the card. I die cut the word "Happy" from some brown cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Happy die and adhered it above the stamped sentiments. I popped the goat on some foam tapes and adhered it in the center of the flower circle. Lastly, I finished the card off by adhering some pearls all around the flower.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment