Wednesday 14 January 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #1

Hi!
Sorry for not updating these past few weeks. I have been busy planning and preparing for this new series. Yes! As per the title, I am doing a Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series. I just received my biggest craft haul to date recently and I have been dying to play with them.

So without further ado, here's Card #1:


I know it does not look like your conventional Chinese New Year card but this is the closest I can get with the supplies I have on hand.


I first cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" piece of pink cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base. I then die cut a piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle set and adhered it onto the card front with some glue tape.

I stamped the small sheep from Mama Elephant Cupcake Carnival stamps set 3 times in some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them in with Copics. I then die cut them out using the coordinating dies. I colored the sheep to look like the mascots of Astro Chinese Channels as shown in the picture below.


I then die cut some pattern papers and brown cardstock using Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Film Strip Die. I popped the frame on some foam tape and adhered it onto the card front. I then adhered the pattern papers into the negative space of the frame using some glue tape. I adhered the sheep on top of the pattern papers with some foam squares and added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the sheep. Lastly I finished off the card by tying a bow with some white sheer ribbon and stamped the sentiments using Simon Says Stamp Happy stamps set and Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamps set in Versafine Vintage Sepia and Satin Red inks.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment