Monday 26 January 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #4

Hi!
Sorry that I have not been updating my card series lately. Been busy with work so I had no choice but to put off the updates for a few days. Now that the workload has lighten a little, I am back with my Card #4.

Here's how the card looks like:



This card is slightly bigger than the normal 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card because I do not want the card to be all white or ivory in this case.

I first cut a 5 3/4" x 9" piece of red cardstock, scored and folded it in half as my card base. I then die cut some ivory cardstock using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle die set. I made a stencil using the image I printed out from the net and stamped the stars from Simon Says Stamp Lots of Stars stamp set in Hero Arts Butter Bar, Bubblegum, Orange Soda, Cornflower and Green Hills inks onto the ivory piece.

I stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamp set in Versamark and heat embossed it with American Crafts Gold embossing powder. I then adhered the ivory piece to the red card base using glue tape.

I die cut the branch from some brown cardstock using Spellbinder Cherry Blossoms die set and adhered it to the top left corner of the ivory piece. I punched some cherry blossoms from some colored papers and adhered them to the branch. I used the stylus to make the cherry blossoms curled up and this gives the cherry blossoms a 3D look.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop back again tomorrow for Card #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment