Thursday 15 January 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #2

Hi!
Welcome to Day 2 of my Chinese New Year Card series. Frankly speaking, it is a big challenge for me to be making this series. The reasons being: 1) I have trouble with the color schemes. Aside from reds and pinks, I really do not know what colors to use. Using other colors will make them look less like a Chinese New Year card but then I am all for making non-conventional Chinese New Year cards. Difficult, very difficult. 2) I do not have much Chinese themed supplies to use. So please bear with me if you have been seeing the same images or pattern papers throughout this series. I will try my best to come up with new ways to use the limited supplies I have for my designs.

Well, enough with the chattering and let's move on to today's card.









I am still continuing with the Astro mascots theme today and made 3 sets of this simple design. I first cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base. I then die cut some pattern papers using the largest rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle dies set and adhered it onto the card front with some glue tape.

I stamped the large sheep from Mama Elephant Cupcake Carnival stamps set 3 times in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in with Copics to look like the Astro mascots. I added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to all 3 sheep.

I used some number thickers from American Crafts and adhered them to the card front. I substituted the 0 using the sheep and popped it on some foam squares. I then stamped the sentiments using Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamps set in Versamark onto a strip of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and heat embossed it with some gold embossing powder. I flagged the end of the strip using a 1 1/4" square punch and die cut the stitched lines using the same rectangle die from Lawn Fawn Small Rectangle dies set. Lastly, I adhered the strip at the top right corner of the card with some foam tape.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment