Tuesday 27 January 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series - Card #5

Hi!
Welcome to Day #5 of my Chinese New Year 2015 Card Series. Today's card is very simple and it does not look like your conventional Chinese New Year Card but I still like it none the less. As I mentioned in my previous updates that I bought some new craft items so I am eager to try them.

Here's how the card looks like:






I first cut a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base. I then die cut stitched square frames thrice from some red cardstock using the largest square from Simon Says Stamp Stitched Squares die set. I adhered all 3 frames together with some glue tape.

I die cut the grass from some green cardstock using Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die and adhered them behind the square frame. I then used my fingers to gently bend the grass to make them look more natural. I die cut some clouds from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine paper pack using Lawn Fawn Spring Showers die set.

I stamped the little girl and boy from Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp set in some Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then drew some line on the boy's clothes to make them look like traditional Chinese clothes before coloring the images in with Copics.

I adhered 2 of the clouds to the card front before adhering the frame on top of it. I popped the last cloud on some foam squares and adhered on top of the frame. I tucked the little boy and girl between the grass and adhered them with some foam squares. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs in some Versafine Smoky Gray ink. I finished the card off by applying some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the clouds and children's hair.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #6.

No comments:

Post a Comment