Thursday 17 December 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Card #4

Hi!
Welcome to Day 4 of my Christmas Card Series.

I saw a card on Pinterest and I really liked how the trees looked suspended on the card front so I decided to CASED the card.

Here's the card I saw on Pinterest:


And here's my version of it:


I first started with a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I then cut out 2 1/4" x 5 1/2" from the center of the card front. This will leave a 1" x 5 1/2" tab on the card front and a loose strip of 1" x 5 1/2" cardstock. I cut 2 strips of 3/4" x 5 1/4" from some pattern paper and adhered them to the top and bottom. 

I stamped the medallion image twice, offsetting the image during the second stamping to create a wreath image. The medallion image is from Stampin' Up Daydream Medallions stamps set. The ink colours used for the image are Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf and Versafine Spanish Moss. I die cut the image using the coordinating die from Stampin' Up and a circle from the center of the image using My Favorite Things Circle Stax One. I made 2 sets of this wreath die cut.

I then die cut a circle slightly bigger than the circle of my wreath piece from a piece of acetate. I then adhered the wreath pieces together, sandwiching the acetate piece in between onto the card front. I die cut the word die twice from some pattern paper from Lawn Fawn Scripty Joy die. I adhered the word onto the front side of the acetate and the other piece behind to cover up the adhesive.


I finished the card by tying a small bow using red satin ribbon and adhering it to the top of the wreath, some red rhinestones all around the wreath and a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock inside the card for message.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and drop by again tomorrow for Card #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment