Monday 7 December 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Card #1

Hi!
I know it's been ages since I last updated my blog. I am not going to bore you with the details of why I went under the radar for so long. I am here to bring you my latest update, the Christmas Card Series for year 2015. I know it is up later than previous years but better late than never. So without further ado, let's get on with the first card of this year's series.


I have always seen designers making scene cards and had wanted to try them too but let me tell you, it is a lot of work. It took me some time to put together this card but I liked how it turned out.

First, I did all the stamping and colouring of the images. Then, I die cut them out using the coordinating dies. I used the stamp and dies from Lawn Fawn Snow Day. I die cut a piece of Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass Cardstock using Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle die and created the falling snow background using Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil and Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste.

I die cut the snow slopes using Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders die from some Neenah Solar White Cardstock. 
 

I then build up my scene with layers of foam tape to make them pop. The sentiment is from the same stamps set. I inked and stamped them separately to create the sentiment in a single line (originally the sentiment is in 2 lines).

That's all for the update today. Thanks for stopping by and drop by again tomorrow for Card #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment