Monday 21 December 2015

Christmas Card Series 2015 - Card #7

Hi!
Welcome to Day 7 of my Christmas Card Series. Sorry that this post is only up today instead of yesterday because I was too tired.

Today's card is a round card base. I made it using 2 pieces of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock which I die cut using My Favorite Things Circle Stax One die. I scored 1/2" at the top of 1 of the circle piece and put adhesive on the 1/2" panel. I adhered the other circle piece on top and this completes the circle card base.


I stamped the Christmas tree from Mama Elephant Cozy Christmas stamps set in Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink and colored the tree using color pencils. I stamped Mr & Mrs Santa from the same stamps set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in with Copics before die cutting them with the coordinating dies.


I adhered Mr & Mrs Santa to the card base using some glue tape. I also stamped, colored and die cut the gloves, present and cup of hot cocoa. I adhered those pieces using glue tape and foam tape for dimension. I finished the card by stamping the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods stamps set in Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink. I went over the sentiment and the Christmas tree with a Uniball Signo White gel pen because I felt that the white ink is too dull. I also added some faux stitch line around the card with the same gel pen.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and drop by again tomorrow for Card #8.

No comments:

Post a Comment