Monday 10 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #10

Hi!
Welcome to Day 10 of my Christmas Card Series. Today's card is an interaction card called the Spinner Card. I have made this type of card before but the spinner is in a straight line. I saw someone doing a round type so I have wanted to try for some time since then.

Here's a look of the card.


I first cut a piece of 4 1/4" x 11" of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and folded it in half to make the card base. I cut a piece of 4" x 5 1/2" of Neenah Solar White to layer on top of my card base. I die cut the circle from the center of the 4" x 5 1/2" Neenah Solar White piece using My Favorite Things Circle Stax One. I then die cut a white circle piece that is a size smaller so that it can fit into the negative circle space that i have cut out earlier.

I embossed the 4" x 5 1/2" piece using the Sizzix Hero Arts Dots embossing folder. Then I just assembled the card. I do not know how to explain how I assembled the spinner mechanism so you can look at the tutorial at this link.

I have wanted to upload a short video to show you how it works but I don't know why it is not playing when I previewed it. I will upload the video on my Facebook page so you can have a look here.

That's all for the update today. I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #11.

No comments:

Post a Comment