Tuesday 25 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #23

Hi!
Welcome to Day 23 of my Christmas Card Series. Sorry that today's post is up a little bit late as I was busy with some other stuff. 

Here's a look at today's card. I started out without a plan and just went with the flow. I wasn't too sure if I like the card so I'll let you be the judge of it.


I first cut a piece of 4 1/4" x 11" Neenah Solar White cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base. I then cut a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" red cardstock and adhered it to the card front with some glue tape. I cut another piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Neenah Solar White cardstock, applied some Versamark ink to the smaller dots embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts and ran it through the Big Shot machine. I poured some Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder all over the Solar White piece and heat embossed it.

I die cut the tag with Stampin' Up Chalk Talk dies set from some Neenah Solar White cardstock. I stamped the bird from Stampin' Up For The Birds stamps set onto the tag in some Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it in with Copics. I made a mask for the bird and the slope from some post-it tape. I masked off the bird and the bottom part of the tag with the post-it tape and blended some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink all over the tag.

I peeled off the masks and starts to assemble the card. I adhered the Solar White piece onto the card front with some glue tape and popped the tag on top with some foam tape. I tied a bow from some ribbon and adhered it to the tag using some clear foam tape. I used some Tinsel Thickers from American Crafts to form the word "Have A" and with that my card is done.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #24.

No comments:

Post a Comment