Sunday 2 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #2

Hi!
Welcome to Day 2 of my Christmas Card Series for 2014. Today's card is so adorable that I made 2 of the same design.

Here's how they look like.




Both cards are of the same design. The only difference is that I used different pattern papers and washi tape designs for each card.

I first prepped the card base by putting a strip of washi tape on one side of the card. Then cut a piece of 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" pattern paper and adhered it to the card front. I die cut the journaling card from some Neenah Desert Storm kraft cardstock using Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die. I love the stitch details around the edge.

I stamped the Santa Claus from Paper Smooches' Santa Paws set onto some Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored him in with Copics. I then fussy cut him out by hand. I left a white border around him to make him pop from the kraft background. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamps set onto the banner die cut from Simon Says Stamp Small Banners die set.

I put the Santa and the banner on foam tape and adhered them onto the kraft journaling card. I then adhered the journaling card onto the card front using some glue tape. I made a double bow with some green paper ribbon and put it on top the kraft journaling card with some Glossy Accents. I also punched some snowflakes and embossed them using Judikins Iridescent Sparkles before popping them on foam tape onto the card front.

I put some googly eyes on the Santa and covered his beard, mustache and all the white areas of his clothes with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter.

Santa is so adorable with his googly eyes..LOL
That's all for the update today. Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by and drop by again tomorrow for Card #3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment