Saturday 1 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #1

Hi!
Welcome back! I mentioned in my previous post that I have a special event lined up for the month of November. This special event is my Christmas Card Series for 2014. This is the second year which I am doing this kind of series. My first year failed miserably as I did not upload my cards in time. *Embarrassed* I did not have a schedule properly planned last year and just sort of "winged" it so I ended up not delivering what I have promised. 

This year, I made sure I have a proper schedule and plan ahead for this series so I will complete the event without fail. So without further ado, let's get on to Card #1 of this series.

I first embossed the card base using Sizzix Hero Arts Dots embossing folder and set it aside. I then moved on to stamping the yeti, muffler and trees from Lawn Fawn's Yeti, Set, Go stamps set onto some Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored them in with Copics. As I do not have the matching dies, I fussy cut the images by hand. I have placed an order for the matching dies but they have not arrived yet.

Next, I die cut 2 circles using My Favourite Things Circle Stax One from some pattern paper and Neenah Solar White cardstock. I cut a slope from the Solar White circle and adhered it onto the pattern paper circle. I then adhered the trees to the pattern paper circle to create a scene. I popped the yeti and muffler up with some foam tape and adhered to it as well. I then stamped the "Need a Hug?" sentiment on top.

I die cut some tags using the Simon Says Stamp Medium Tags die from some vellum and pattern paper. I then embossed the sentiments and the tag outline onto the vellum tag with white embossing powder. I used some ribbon to tie the tags together and adhered the pattern paper circle onto the card base. Lastly, no Christmas cards are complete without some bling on them so I used my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter brush on the muffler and trees. Oh I forgot to mention that I rounded the corners of my card base with the We Are Memory Keeper 1/2" Corner Chomper.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and do drop by again tomorrow for Card #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment