Tuesday 4 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #4

Hi!
Welcome back to Day 4 of the Christmas Card Series. Today's card is so cute that I made 4 of them. All the images used are from the same stamps set so you can treat it as a set.

Here's how they look like:








The card base measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" square. I die cut a circle window in the middle of a 4" x 4" Neenah Solar White cardstock using My Favourite Things Circle Stax One. I cut some pattern papers to layer behind the circle window.

The cat stamps are from Newton Nook's Newton's Holiday Mischief stamps set and I stamped them onto some Neenah Solar White cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. This ink is great to Copic color in and it does not bleed. After coloring, I cut the images out by hand as they do not have a matching dies set.

Now to assemble the card. I first adhered the pattern paper onto the card base using some glue tape. I then cut a strip of pattern paper and adhered it to the lower right hand corner of the 4" x 4" Neenah Solar White piece. I added some dash lines around the circle window for some added detail before popping the piece up with some foam tape.

Lastly I adhered the cat image and sentiment on top. The sentiment is from the same stamps set. I then punched the sentiment out using Stampin' Up's Oval Punch and layered it onto a scalloped oval punched from Stampin' Up's Scalloped Oval Punch. I die cut the snowflake from Simon Says Stamps' Kate Snowflake die. I added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter brush to the images and also the snowflakes.

That's all the update for today. I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping and check back again tomorrow for Card #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment