Tuesday 18 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #17

Hi!
Welcome to Day 17 of my Christmas Card Series. Today's card is another shaker card. It is very simple and easy to put together.

Here's how it looks like:


I first cut a piece of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, scored and folded it in half. I cut a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" Neenah Solar White cardstock and die cut a circle from the center of the cardstock.

I then cut a piece of 3" x 3" Lawn Fawn Snow Day pattern paper and adhered it to the card base. I stamped the trees from Simon Says Stamp Be Joyful stamps set in some Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink ink and Hero Arts Green Hills ink. I hand cut the trees out and adhered them on top of the Snow Day pattern paper. I adhered some diamond shaped wood veneer beside the trees.

Next, to assemble the shaker part. I cut a piece of 3" x 3" clear acetate and adhered it behind the circle window of the Solar White piece. I die cut a circle frame from some pattern paper using My Favorite Things Circle Stax One dies and adhered it to the fron of the circle window. I put some foam tape around the Snow Day pattern paper and ensuring that there is no gaps in between before I poured in some glitters. I then adhered the Solar White piece on top of the card.

I die cut the tag from Simon Says Stamp Medium Tags die and stamped the tag border from Simon Says Stamp Tag Sayings stamps set in some Hero Arts Cup O' Joe ink. I stamped out the words using Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamps set in Doll Pink, Green Hills and Cup O' Joe. I finished off the card by adhering some sequins at the top right corner and tied a double bow with some jute strings and adhered it to the top of the tag.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #18.

No comments:

Post a Comment