Wednesday 12 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #12

Hi!
Welcome to Day 12 of my Christmas Card Series. We are about half way through the series. Time really flies! I am actually running a little behind my schedule so now I need to crank it up in order to get back the lost time.

Anyway coming back to today's card, I made a shaker card which is so popular now in the cardmaking community. Let's have a look at the card I made.


I first prepped my card base by rounding the corners with the We Are Memory Keeper 1/4" Corner Chomper. I then stamped the swirl image from Simon Says Stamp Be Joyful stamps set all over the card base in some Versamark ink and heat embossed the images with American Crafts Gold embossing powder.

I put the card base under some heavy books as it was a little warped from the heat. I die cut the journaling card with Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die from some Lawn Fawn Snow Day paper. I also die cut the coffee cups with Simon Says Stamp Coffee Cup die from some foam sheet and pattern papers. I put the pattern paper facing down when I die cut to get the mirror image of the coffee cup since I am using single sided pattern paper. It will be easier to use a double sided pattern paper.

I cut 2 small pieces of acetate for the heart window and some chocolate cardstock for the background of the coffee cups. I put in some 4mm brown sequins in the middle and assembled the shaker part. I adhered the coffee cups on top of the journaling card and stamped the steam image from Simon Says Stamp What's Brewing stamps set in some Simon Says Stamp Fog ink. I stamped the sentiment from Tiddly Inks Skating By stamps set in some Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I popped the journaling card on some foam tape and adhered to the card base. I tie a bow with some white ribbon and adhered to the top of the journaling card. Lastly, I added some 6mm silver sequins and some 4mm clear sequins for decorations.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #13.

No comments:

Post a Comment