Wednesday 5 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #5

Hi!
Welcome to Day 5 of my Christmas Card Series. Today's card is rather simple and frankly I wasn't quite satisfied with how it turned out. It looks way different from how I imagined it to be but I cannot afford to re-do it as I still have quite a lot pending on hand. I just have to move on and hope that I can create more satisfactory cards as I go along the series.

So here's a look at Card #5.






I first prepped a Neenah Solar White card base. I then cut a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" Neenah Solar White cardstock and embossed it using the Sizzix Hero Arts' Christmas Words embossing folder.

Next I moved on to stamping the Christmas ornaments images from Spellbinders' Heirloom Ornament onto some Neenah Solar White cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Lipstick Red, Green Apple and Sea Glass inks. I stamped the ornament topper in Versamark and heat embossed it using American Crafts' Silver embossing powder. I hand cut all the images out, leaving a white border around all images. I popped the ornament toppers on foam tape before adhering them to the ornaments. Before that, I punched some holes at the top of the topper and tied some strings around it.

Now to assemble the card. I adhered the red ornament with some glue tape onto the embossed background layer. I folded the string behind the cardstock and secured it with a piece of washi tape. I put some foam tape behind the green and blue ornaments before adhering to the embossed background layer. I secured the strings behind the layer like how I did for the red ornament.

I then popped the whole embossed background piece up with lots of foam tape and adhered to the card base. I embossed the sentiment on a strip of red cardstock with silver embossing powder. I cut a banner end on 1 side of the sentiment strip and adhered it onto the embossed background with foam tape.

That's all for the update today. I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #6.

No comments:

Post a Comment