Monday 3 November 2014

Christmas Card series 2014 - Card #3

Hi!
Welcome to Day 3 of the Christmas Card Series. Today's card is one of my favorites that I simply couldn't stop at making only 1 so I made 2.

Here's a look of the cards.





I first prepped the card base by rounding the corners with We Are Memory Keeper 1/4" Corner Chomper. I cut a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" cardstock from Neenah Solar White and die cut a circle to create a window using My Favourite Things Circle Stax One before embossing with Sizzix Hero Arts Dots Embossing folder. I rounded the corners with the 1/4" corner chomper as well.

I then moved on to stamping the snowmen from Paper Smooches' Freezy Fellas Stamps set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto some Neenah Solar White and colored them in with Copics. After coloring, I die cut them out using the matching dies set.

Next is to put them all together. I cut some pattern paper and adhered it behind the cut circle window. I then adhered the snowman behind the window but left the hat portion jutting out in front of the window. I then popped up the 4" x 5 1/4" on some foam tape and adhered it to the card base. I cut a slope from Neenah Solar White cardstock to create a snowy hill for the other snowman. I used the sentiment from Stampin' Up's Really Good Greetings Stamps set. I colored the stamp using the Stampin' Up's Real Red and Coastal Cabana markers before stamping onto the slope. The key to this technique is you need to huff on the stamp to refresh the inks before stamping.

I then adhered the slope and the snowman using some foam tape. I felt that the slope is kinda of bare so in the end I added some punched snowflakes and rhinestones to the sentiment. The snowflakes are punched from some vellum.

That's all the update for today. I hope that you like the cards.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for card #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment