Monday 24 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #22

Hi!
Welcome to Day 22 of my Christmas Card Series. Today's card is inspired by one of my favorite cardmakers, Debby Hughes. You can find the card that inspires me HERE.

And here's my card:


I first cut a piece of 4 1/4" x 11" Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base. I then cut a piece of 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" Neenah Solar White cardstock and stamped the words " A Merry" in a shape like tree using Simon Says Stamp Sketched Alphabets stamps set in Versafine Olympia Green, Spanish Moss and Hero Arts Green Hills ink.

I used the solid border stamp from Simon Says Stamp Tag Sayings, inked part of it up with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and stamped under the "tree" to make it look like a tree trunk. I stamped the star from Simon Says Stamp Lots of Stars stamps set in Hero Arts Butterbar ink on top of the "tree". I tied a bow around the card with some ribbons and adhered some red rhinestones to the "tree".

I cut a piece of 1 1/4" x 5 1/2" pattern paper and adhered it to the card front with some glue tape. I popped the Solar White piece up onto the card with some foam tape. I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Be Joyful stamps set onto a strip of red cardstock in Versafine Black Onyx ink and flagged both ends using a square punch from EK Success. I adhered the sentiment to the card using foam tape and finished off the card with some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter and Ranger Glossy Accents on the star.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #23.



No comments:

Post a Comment