Wednesday 19 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #18

Hi!
Welcome to Day 18 of my Christmas Card Series. I have been behind schedule lately and on top of that, I feel like I am running out of ideas for my card. I am just a few cards away from the end of this year's series so I need to hold out till then. Maybe I will try to breathe some fresh air into the supplies I have used for last year's series.

Anyway, let's get back to today's card.


I really love this coffee cup image from Stampin' Up Perfect Blend stamps set so I decided to make a card using this set. I cut a piece of 4 1/4" x 11" Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base.

I cut a piece of 3" x 5" ledger pattern paper and a strip of 3/4" x 5" red chevron-like pattern paper from the Lawn Fawn Snow Day paper pack. I then adhered both pieces to the card front. I stamped the coffee cup twice on some Neenah Solar White cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them in with Copics.

I cut the cups out and adhered them onto the card front. I popped one of the cups on foam tape and the other one is adhered with some glue tape. I punched 2 hearts from some pattern paper and adhered them to the cups with foam tape. I cut a slit at the fold to tie the bow with some jute strings. I then stamped out the sentiments using Lawn Fawn Smitty's ABCs stamps set in Versafine Onyx Black ink and Hero Arts Bubblegum ink. I messed up a little at the word "Heart". I didn't clean my stamps thoroughly so there's some black ink that got transferred to the Bubblegum ink. Oopsie!!

Lastly, I put some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter onto the hearts and added some Ranger Glossy Accent on top for some sparkle and shine.

That's all for the update today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #19.

No comments:

Post a Comment