Monday 17 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #16

Hi!
Welcome to Day 16 of my Christmas Card Series. Today's card is a very simple and cute card. Let's take a look.


I cut a piece of 4 1/4" x 11" Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, scored and folded it in half for my card base. I stamped the woodgrain background from Stampin' Up! onto the card front using Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate ink.

I cut a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" Neenah Solar White cardstock and die cut a circle on the left hand edge of the cardstock. I then embossed the Solar White piece with Sizzix Hero Arts Dots embossing folder. I stamped the owl from Arts Impression Beanie Owl stamps set in some Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him in with Copics. 

I hand cut the owl out and adhered some googly eyes on him. Don't you think the googly eyes make him look super adorable? His original eyes look cute too but I think with the googly eyes, it looks more interactive. I adhered the Solar White piece onto the card base with some foam tape. I then adhered the owl onto the negative space with some foam tape as well.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamps set in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with American Crafts Gold embossing powder. I made the flag end on the sentiment piece by using a square punch before adhering it to the card with some glue tape. Lastly, I put some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter all over the owl for some added sparkle.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #17.

No comments:

Post a Comment