Saturday 8 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #8

Hi!
Welcome to Day 8 of my Christmas Card Series. Sorry that today's post is up a little later than usual. I was behind my schedule for today so I couldn't have the post up in time. Anyway, I still managed to post my card #8 today.

Here's a look at my card for today:


Today's card is a simple and cute card. I first prepped the card base from some Neenah Desert Storm cardstock. I then rounded the corners with We Are Memory Keeper's 1/4" Corner Chomper. I drew some dash lines around the card using the Signo Uniball White Gel Pen. 

I die cut a circle from some Christmas pattern paper using the largest circle die from My Favorite Things Circle Stax One. I cut the circle in half and folded it to create the Christmas tree. It is best to use double sided pattern paper for this technique. You can get the tutorial on how to fold the Christmas tree from Splitcoaststampers. I CASED this card from there.

I cut a strip of chocolate colored cardstock to make the base of the Christmas tree. I adhered the Christmas tree onto some stitched journaling card that was leftover from previous project. I adhered the asterisk shaped wood veneer on top of the tree and some pearls around the tree for decoration. I tied a bow using some ribbon around the stitched journaling card.

I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Be Joyful stamps set in Versamark and embossed it with American Craft's White Embossing Powder. I punched a strip of pattern paper with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch and adhered it to the card base. Lastly, I popped the stitched journaling card up with some foam tapes before adhering it to the card front. 

That's all for the update today. I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #9.

No comments:

Post a Comment