Friday 14 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #13

Hi!
Welcome to Day 13 of my Christmas Card Series. Well, it was supposed to be yesterday but I was not feeling well so I didn't manage to get the post up. I still feel a little sluggish today so I am going to make this post as short as possible.

Here's my card for today.


I used a piece of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy cardstock, scored and folded in half for my card base. I cut a strip of 1 3/4" x 4 3/4" red cardstock and used a 1 1/4" square punch to punch out 3 squares from the strip of red cardstock. I drew some white dash lines all around the red piece with Uniball Signo White Gel Pen.

I stamped the snowman from Paper Smooches Freezy Fellas stamps set in some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I also stamped the mouse and reindeer from Paper Smooches Santa Paws stamps set using the same ink as well. I colored all the images in with Copics and hand cut them out.

Now to assemble the card, I cut a small slit at the side of the card to tie the ribbon. I put some foam tape behind the red strip and adhered it to the card front. I punched 3 squares using the 1 1/4" square punch from some pattern papers and adhered them in the negative space of the red strip with some glue tape. I popped all the cute images on some foam tape and adhered them on top of the red strip.

I then stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches Santa Paws onto some Neenah Solar White cardstock and punched it out with an oval punch from Stampin' Up. I layered the oval piece onto a scalloped oval piece punched from some pattern paper. The scalloped oval punch is from Stampin' Up as well. I put the sentiment on foam tape and adhered it to the card. 

Lastly, I put some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter onto all the cute images for some bling.
That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #14.

No comments:

Post a Comment