Friday 21 November 2014

Christmas Card Series 2014 - Card #19

Hi!
Welcome to Day 19 of my Christmas Card Series. Initially I have planned to make 2 cards for today's post but I am unable to get it done in time so I will have at least one card up today. I made a clean and simple, one layer card for today's post. I am still not used to making cards that does not have layers to it.

Here's how my one layer CAS card looks like:


I first stamped the yeti from Lawn Fawn Yeti, Set, Go stamps set in some Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it in with Copics. I then made a mask for the yeti and cut some post-it tape to look like snow slope. I masked the yeti and the bottom part of the card with the post-it tape before sponging the masked area with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. After sponging, I peeled off the masks carefully.

I then stamped the balloons from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloons stamps set in VersaMagic Pretty Petunia, Key Lime, Thatched Straw and Versacolor Old Rose, Smoke Blue ink. I drew the strings to connect the balloons to the yeti's hand using Memento Tuxedo Black Marker. I adhered the word "Merry" to the balloons using Kelly Purkey's Alphabet Stickers. I completed the sentiment by stamping the word "Christmas" from Simon Says Stamp Happy stamps set.

Lastly, I added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the yeti, Ranger Star Dust Stickles to the snow slope and Ranger Glossy Accents to the alphabet stickers. I rounded the corners of the card with We Are Memory Keeper 1/2" Corner Chomper.

That's all the update for today.
Thanks for stopping by and check back again tomorrow for Card #20.

No comments:

Post a Comment